Saturday, January 27, 2007

A Prayer for Wisdom

I am ordinarily not a religious person, although I believe in God and the power of prayer. It may come as a surprise to some of you, but for at certain critical times in my life, I have prayed to God for His guidiance. Now I have reached another critical juncture in my life, and I find myself once again asking for some help from the Almighty.

Is it out of character for me? Not really. I think those people who really know me should not be alarmed. And I am not afraid to let you know that I pray nearly every day out of devotion, and to let the Big Guy know that I'm trying to be good!

So, here goes:

Almighty God, you know the perils that surround me, and how easy it would be for me to slip and fall. Give me the wisdom that I need to do your bidding, and avoid the snares that are set before me.

My path is dark before me. Send your Holy Spirit to fill me with your light, and to guide me.

Help me do your will, and to do what is best for me and those who depend on me.

Grant me the grace of wisdom. Make me wise enough to choose truth over falsehood, that I may not be deceived to my own undoing, and to the harm of others.
Update: Someone has contacted us upon reading this message, sounding quite startled. This note is just to say that no one is sick (outside of Russell's autism) or in current danger. I am merely recognizing that we've got important decisions to make regarding the kids' future--such as school or pre-school--and well-being. This is in addition to some career decisions that we'll be making soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home