Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Back to the Future

Seeing a fortune teller is a common practice among traditional Chinese, and Jenny is no exception. Since I have known her, she has consulted fortune tellers on everything from our relationship to naming our children. Luckily for me, her fortune teller told her at the start of our relationship that we were compatitible with one another and that I would be well off financially. In other words, I was marriage material. Score one for the fortune teller.

As soon as we were married, Jenny was asking questions of her fortune teller on the ideal time to have children. For Jenny--born in the Year of the Monkey--the Year of the Horse (2002) and the Monkey (2004)--were considered ideal for children. I'm happy to say that we were able to carry that out to fruition.

Tomorrow, she meets the local fortune teller to divine the kids' future. Hopefully, he will throw out a generic, optimistic "fortune-cookie" prediction. I'll let you know what he says.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home