Monday, June 20, 2005

A Father's Day Weekend

This Father's Day weekend saw us going down to San Jose on Saturday to visit Jenny's mother--who recently returned from a two month trip to China--and sisters. Russell and Punky were especially happy to see their grandmother and cousin Andrew. A house full of toys, good food and lots of room to roam around also played a part in their good moods. With a several adults on hand, I seized the opportunity to take a brief nap shortly before dinner. It was my first nap in three weekends--what a treat.

After spending the greater part of the day in San Jose, we went home after dinner. On the way back, I had a craving for In-N-Out, so we stopped by for some milkshakes and a cheeseburger. I ran into the Union City In-N-Out, and in the line in front of me were Jenny's friends Suzanne and Michael. It has been a long time since we've seen them in person. As a matter of fact, it's been a long time since I've seen anyone outside of family since Punky was born. This got me thinking that I've really got to start calling some friends to let them know I'm still around.

To be continued...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home