Thursday, October 27, 2005

What's Happening

The boys and I are recovering from illnesses, so that's the reason why posting has been light lately. I took off from work today to try and get better, but with Punky's sneezing and wheezing, it's been hard for me to get any rest. We took Punky to the doctor's office today, and thank God he doesn't have an ear infection. Still, he hasn't been sleeping well and that means late nights and interrupted sleep.

Russell has fully recovered from the cold he caught this weekend. The other good news is that he is talking a lot more these days. Today, he actually said "Mommy, I love you," which made Jenny very happy. He's also progressing quickly with potty training as well. I would say that he might be caught up with his age group in about a year if things continue as they have recently.

Next month will be our 5 year wedding anniversary. We plan to celebrate by going out to dinner and a movie WITHOUT the kids. In the past 3 and a half years, we have done this exactly once. The movie was "Lost in Translation", which I loved. The restaurant was the "Long Life Noodle" restaurant, which was terrible. Hopefully, we're pick both a restaurant and a movie that we like.

5 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

saw "LiT" on DVD. One of the worst movies I have ever seen. Left a bad taste in my brain. Also bad, but not quite as bad, was "Sideways" The 2 DVDs are now fulfilling their destiny as drink coasters - a role they fulfill better than as films

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Felice Luftschein said...

I read your blog and I smile because I'm in the same situation, one or the other boy has a cold, never any sleep, potty training delayed, Saturday all day with daddy, SNAFU!
I'd have to quit reading if your kids slept perfectly through the night and were always healthy.

 
At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just put Russell in underwear and he will be potty trained before the weekend is over.

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Rob said...

Too bad you don't live in Atlanta. I have a favorite Korean restaurant I know you'd love. Well, that is if you like Korean food. Heh!

My ex-gf and I went to the theater to watch Lost in Translation whenever it came out. We watched for about 30-40 minutes and left. We were bored to tears. It just one of those movies... you either hate it or love it.

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Da Man said...

Rob,

The reason why I liked it was because of the scenery shots of Tokyo. It felt like I was there. Of course, I have never been to Tokyo. But I hope to visit some day.

As for Korean food, we like to eat it every 2-3 weeks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home