Sunday, July 23, 2006

New Jersey Trip Report

We visited my family in New Jersey and Conn. for a week, and just got back over the weekend. Flying out of San Francisco, we made our second trip as a family via airplane. I brought plenty of food, toys and reading material on the plane with us, along with the portable DVD player and our whole Elmo and Baby Einstein collections. Without the DVD player, I think the trip would have been impossible.

It was warm and muggy for most of our time there. During the first third of our trip, we hung out with my parents and sisters and stayed at my parents' home. My mother cooked several of her best dishes for the kids and kept us well-fed with both homecooking and Chinese take-out. I also managed to go computer shopping with my father and also get his car fixed. While out driving, I noticed that northern New Jersey has become very crowded. So crowded, that on one small stretch of Route 10 near my parents' house, there are 5 Dunkin' Donuts within 10 minutes of one another.

In order to give my parents a rest, we decided to head down to the New Jersey shore for a few days in the middle of our trip.


Russell wonders how ice cream got onto a stick Posted by Picasa


Punky tries his first Good Humor Ice Cream Bar Posted by Picasa


Russell to Cousin Emily: "Would like a white duck or a mallard? Posted by Picasa


During the latter part of the flight to New Jersey, the Brewster Boys begin to get antsy Posted by Picasa


Russell selects a DVD for viewing during the flight while holding his duckie friend Posted by Picasa


On the plane, Punky reads his favorite magazine: The Brewster Times Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home