Thursday, September 04, 2008

Gov. Sarah Palin on Special Needs Childen

"Children with special needs, inspire very, very special love. For years you've sought to make America a more welcoming place for your sons and daughters and I pledge to you if we're elected, you'll have a friend and an advocate in the White House." - Republican Vice-Presidential Candidate Sarah Palin

As the father of a special needs child, I was very moved by Sarah Palin's statement, given at last night's Republican National Convention in Minneapolis-St. Paul. Of course, these are not just empty words as Governor Palin's youngest son Trig has Down's Syndrome.



Piper Palin applies a little elbow grease on the hair of her baby brother Trig

3 Comments:

At 3:59 PM, Blogger Felice Luftschein said...

Few people caught it (her comment about being an advocate), but it was an amazing moment when she said that, almost as an aside from her speech, directly to the parents of SN kids. What a great choice for VP!

 
At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw many of the speeches from both the DNC and RNC: Michelle Obama, Hillary, Barack Obama, Giuliani, Palin, McCain. Sarah Palin delivering that line was the only time I got choked up.

I think that line would resonate with any parent, not just parents of special needs children. It made me think about my concern for my children.

James, my best to you and yours!

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Da Man said...

Sarah Palin is an amazing woman. She has true wisdom that belies her 44 years. She will make a great Vice-President. Wouldn't it be great if she becomes our first woman President?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home