Saturday, April 06, 2002

At the Movies - Jenny and I saw a great foreign film last night, Monsoon Wedding, a story about an Indian family preparing for their daughter's wedding. In many ways, Monsoon Wedding reminds me of my favorite film from 2001, Yi Yi, by Taiwan's Edward Yang. Weddings are featured prominently in both plots, but what makes both of these stories so interesting are the thoughtful portrayals of extended families in India and Taiwan. These families face problems and issues that people everywhere experience. and I could relate at a personal level to many of the characters. This movie was a joy to see, and I left the theater humming the Indian dance songs that played throughout the soundtrack. Do yourself a favor and see Monsoon Wedding with someone you love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home