Thursday, March 28, 2002

A Nation Turns Its Lonely Eyes to You (Woo woo woo) - Peggy Noonan from OpinionJournal.com tells a story about Joe DiMaggio that reminds me why I named my blog after him.

''Later I found out that he too had done something interesting at the dinner. He had been assigned by the editor of Time to sit at the table of the president of the United States, Bill Clinton. When he saw where his place card had been put, in this place of honor, he ordered it moved, because he didn't want to sit at a table with a man like that.

And here's to you, Joe DiMaggio. He married a movie star half a century ago but the one thing he seems not to have liked about Marilyn Monroe was that she was a star. And that night he refused to sit with the biggest political star in the room. Joe DiMaggio trumped movie-stardom. But Joltin' Joe has left and gone away.''

Thanks for restoring my faith in mankind, Joe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home