Sunday, March 24, 2002

The Name Game - Like many parents-to-be, Jenny and I have already been bouncing around names for our soon-to-be-born son. Since Jenny is the one carrying the baby and suffering the consequences, she has made it clear to me that she will be naming the baby. I've bent to her will thus far, so I'm not sure that I even have veto rights over her choice of names. Jenny is currently leaning towards the names Russell and Jett. Russell is a popular name of late, due primarily to the fame of actor Russell Crowe. Her second choice is less conventional, but also shows the influence of Hollywood (from martial arts actor 'Jet' Li).

My first choice of names, for either a boy or girl, has always been Reagan. Presidental names have always been popular--note the latest surge of Tyler and Taylor--although Clinton didn't seem to get much of a boost from our esteemed 42nd President (#669 in 1999, between Winston and Donovan). 'Reagan' is in the top 1000 for both boys and girls, ranking #830 for boys and #348 and #443 (Regan) for girls. I'm still holding out hope for 'Reagan Chen', especially if Jenny is delirious after giving birth. I think Jenny's sisters would be horrified by 'Reagan', and that's a plus in my book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home