Thursday, March 28, 2002

Face Time - The last two nights, Jenny and I were able to spend some quality time together because Jenny made the decision to not sit in front of the TV after dinner and then zonk out. Instead, we spent the evenings just talking to each other and calling friends and relatives. We talked about everything from my job interviews at Williams-Sonoma (thumbs up) to our life insurance policies (need more). It's amazing what you can get done when you don't sit in front of that blasted TV. Incidentally, I just read that Milton Berle, Mister Television, just died.

One issue that Jenny and I spoke about at length was adoption. Jenny has been thinking more often about having only one child, no doubt due to the fact that her pregnancy has been a painful experience. Since I have always wanted at least two children, I've been suggesting that we adopt a Chinese girl from a Chinese orphanage. As Chinese-American adoptive parents, we would even have priority over the hoards of White Americans trying to adopt Chinese babies. It's like Affirmative Action in reverse--Asian-Americans actually benefit from this policy! But Jenny is uncomfortable with raising a child that is not related by blood. If we don't have another baby, then I hope to be able to convince her to adopt. We have time, and my powers of persuasion are legendary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home