Friday, March 29, 2002

Job Hunt Update - I was disappointed to hear from Williams-Sonoma this morning that they have extended the Database Marketing offer to someone else. Oh well. I've been 'dinged' many, many times in my life, and I'm not going to dwell on it. I could ask myself what I might have done differently during the interview process to get the offer, but I won't. I'm confident that I am the best database guy around, and if they couldn't figure that out, they don't deserve me. I'm sick of being typecast as a database guy, anyway.

The good news is that I have another interview next week in another part of Wells Fargo. The pay is really, really good and if I get this offer, I won't have to sacrifice my stock options--all of which are significantly in the money. I even have the inside track on this one. The hiring manager is Asian-American and he's also a Cornell engineering graduate as well. You bet I'm going to play up our common ties up to the hilt. I'm even going to go out and spend money on new clothes. Since my waistline began exploding last year, I'm down to 4 pairs of pants that fit me (and just barely).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home