Tuesday, May 21, 2002

Life is Beautiful - I've been meaning to write about the all-day Birthing class that Jenny and I took at the hospital on Saturday. There were around 10 pairs of first-time moms & dads in the class, and at 37 weeks, I think Jenny was the furthest along out of the bunch. While the class was a bit drawn out in length, I actually learned quite a bit about pregnancy and the process of giving birth. Upon hearing how a woman's body changes during pregnancy and labor, I have a greater appreciation for what Jenny is enduring and for life in general. Some people would have you believe that life on earth happened just by chance. But after learning how life is created and nurtured within a woman's womb, I have no doubt in my mind that God exists.

We all watched a real-life video of women giving birth, and by the end of the tape all of the women and many of the men in the class were crying after seeing what these women endured. I also think that Jenny started to get a little nervous about labor—especially after watching the vignette about a woman whose labor lasted 48 hours. By the end of the day, I found out what I needed to know: when to drive Jenny to the hospital and how to make her more comfortable during labor. If anything, the class made me more anxious to be a parent. Only 3 more weeks to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home