Tuesday, June 21, 2005

A Bit of Advice for Gary

My old friend Gary is looking to change jobs shortly. I think it is a good move, given my fairly recent (and successful) career move back to the brokerage industry.

Apple Computer founder and college drop-out Steve Jobs recently gave the commencement speech at Stanford University's 2005 graduation ceremony. It is the best college address I have ever read, and I think Jobs' advice rings true. Here's an excerpt:

Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.
Read the rest of the speech, if you have a moment. You'll be glad you did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home