Thursday, August 25, 2005

A Big Weekend Coming Up

There's a trio of important events coming up this weekend. First of all, Saturday (8/27) is Punky's first birthday. It's hard to believe that my little boy is one year old! He's still like a giant, puffed-up teddy bear to me, except that this little Punkster can walk and almost talk. We're having his birthday party on Friday night, though, because Jenny's cousin Brian is getting married on Saturday. So everyone in Jenny's family will be going to the wedding, except for me and the kids. Yup, I get to babysit on Saturday night. Wish me luck.

As for the third big event, it is none other than the 10th Annual Northern California International Dragon Boat Championships, a race I helped to start back when I first moved here. I'm going to try to attend the race as a spectator on Saturday morning. As the "Voice of Dragon Boating", I'll be the race co-announcer on Sunday. It will be the only race that I will have attended all year. If you are around on Sunday, stop by the race announcers' booth and say "hi".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home