Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Have Gun Will Travel

I just received the Ruger gun catalog in the mail this week, and I've been busy looking over the wide variety of calibers, grips, barrels and other features that Ruger offers. If there's one thing I have noticed, it is that guns are like works of art. They are awe-inspiring, especially the single action revolvers stylized like ones from the Old West, and the shotguns, too. Now, I really want to own a gun and start learning how to shoot.

Unfortunately, I have yet to convince Jenny to let me keep one around the house. So what I will probably do is go down to the shooting range in San Leandro with a friend, and rent some guns to get a better idea of my likes and dislikes. After buying a gun and taking a firearms safety and shooting course, I would then probably rent a gun locker at the range.

2 Comments:

At 9:48 AM, Blogger Rob said...

All right, James! Ruger is awesome. I have many of their fine, reliable products. In fact, the Mini-14 rifle you see in my picture here is a Ruger.

 
At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent. Also keep in mind that to own you will need to pass a written test for a Handgun Safety Certificate (HSC) (very easy) usually administered by a gun shop owner. The HSC Study Guide can be found here.

www.ag.ca.gov/firearms

 

Post a Comment

<< Home