Wednesday, March 12, 2008

When I'm Forty-Four

Yesterday was my 44th birthday. I was born in 1964, so that makes me one of the last baby boomers. I'm not bragging about that. I still have over 20 years until retirement, which is roughly when Social Security goes bankrupt.

We celebrated by going to our regular Korean restaurant in Oakland and having cake afterwards at home. The number "4" candle on the cake was reused from Jenny's 40th birthday cake, and the Sesame Street cake toppers were from Russell's 5th birthday cake. Only the cake was new.

I'm looking forward to the kids' birthday parties this summer when we can really celebrate as opposed to dreading the day...


Russell examines my birthday cake, which is missing a digit due to budget concerns

Here, I'm trying think of a wish to make. I ending up wishing for a night off, which I am still negotiating with Jenny

Punky cries at some imagined favoritism towards his brother

5 Comments:

At 3:58 PM, Blogger Felice Luftschein said...

Ha! Felice reused our 4 candle for her cake in February! We are equally cheap...

I love Punky screaming! Amazing how much they weigh your affection, isn't it?

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Rob said...

Happy birthday, James!

 
At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

James, Happy 44th!

 
At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

James, Happy 44th!

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Mad Minerva said...

Happy belated, James! And for Jenny too. Many happy returns to you both!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home