Wednesday, January 26, 2005

The Word is Getting Out

Students at Yale and Dartmouth are bemoaning the lack of ideological diversity, too. I had mentioned this last week in my review of the Jewish-Arab divide at Columbia.

From the Yale Daily News:
What is more troubling than any of the issues raised by activists is the fact that at an institution that claims to foster a diverse academic environment, 93 percent of Yale faculty political donations for the 2004 presidential race went to the Democratic candidate. Real "diversity" is intellectual diversity, and Yale should hire faculty and accept graduate students solely on the basis of their ideas and scholarship, not their skin color or genitalia.
From the Dartmouth Online:
In my almost four years at Dartmouth, I have encountered more than a handful of dyed-in-the-wool liberals. I have yet to meet one conservative professor. I am sure they roam the halls of Silsby and Carpenter, but they either remain shamefully quiet or teeter on the verge of extinction. In this aspect, Dartmouth is indeed no different than any other prestigious university.
Hat tip to Instapundit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home