Wednesday, July 20, 2005

A Must Read at American Thinker

I recently submitted a commentary piece to the American Thinker, an online journal along the lines of the Atlantic magazine, and the editor agreed to publish it. Check out "A Tale of Two Columnists". As a teaser, here's the first paragraph:

I can't think of any two papers more different in their approach to news as the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal. Likewise, I can't think of any two reporters more different in their views of the North Korean situation as Nicholas Kristof and Kang Chol-hwan. Both newspapers recently published editorials on the growing problem of North Korea, Kristof in the New York Times and Kang as a guest columnist in the Wall Street Journal. It might help to look at their backgrounds before comparing their viewpoints.
Let me know what you think.

3 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Blogger Rob said...

James, that was just fantastic. I always find it humorous when "journalists" end up becoming mouthpieces for totalitarian governments. It just reinforces my idea that journos are not to be trusted.

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Da Man said...

Thanks, Rob. Look for more hard-hitting material in the future!

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Rob said...

I will, you write very eloquently.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home