Saturday, February 18, 2006

President's Day Weekend in Alameda

I no longer have the same enthusiasm for three-day weekends as I used to. While I enjoy hanging out with the Brewster Boys, three days of continuous play and baby-sitting takes a lot out of me. Especially when I cannot even look forward to a nap on any of those days.

We started the weekend with a trip to Thomson's Garden Center, where we bought some flowers and let the Brewster Boys run around the trees and pots of flowers. Russell really enjoys viewing the colorful flowers while Punky seemed more interested in the fountains and bird baths. Both had a meltdown when we tried to leave. Later in the day, I ran out to redeem more cans and bottles ($19.12), go grocery shopping and then run to Walmart to pick up some diapers for Punky. Jenny would not let me leave the house without Punky, as she got to nap with Russell while we were out. I don't get this double-standard where Jenny can nap while I cannot.

The good news is that Russell is very much interested in jigsaw puzzles. I can now sit back and focus solely on Punky for about 30-45 minutes a night while Russell sits down and pieces together his 3 new puzzles. Many thanks to Russell's tutor Cassandra, who introduced him to this new activity.


Russell examines flowers for sale at Thomson's Garden Center Posted by Picasa


While checking out the water fountain, Punky doesn't seem to notice he's getting wet Posted by Picasa


I take Punky out shopping to Walmart on a diaper run Posted by Picasa


Russell places the finishing touches on his duckie puzzle Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home