Monday, August 12, 2002

And Now a Word From Our Sponsor - I just started my subscription to the Atlantic Monthly and I'm happy to say that it's worth every penny of my hard-earned $19.95. For starters, the magazine recently appointed Washington Post columnist Michael Kelly as editor, and he's done a terrific job in recruiting new writers from a broad political and social spectrum. Current events, history, science, religion--the Atlantic's got it all. The useful, yet concise Book Review section is a refreshing change from the plodding, uninformed New York Times Book Review.

I've just read excepts in the Atlantic from William Langewiesche's upcoming new book, "American Ground: Unbuilding the World Trade Center". For a while, I didn't read Langewiesche's work because I was afraid that it would depress me by focusing on the gruesome aspects of the September 11th terrorist attacks. Eventually I gave in and I became hooked by the author's stirring writing style and focus on the heroism of the survivors. Do yourself a favor and pick up a copy of the September 2002 Atlantic Monthly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home